Roll Over Image to Enlarge
Chicken nipples are valves which dispense a drip of water whenever they are pecked..
Nipple style waterer had been typically used by professional chicken farmers for many years due to many outstanding reasons. No more poop in water. No spiling and soaking the nesting material so the chickens can get nature gravity fed by fresh, clean water without dieases.
More and more backyard chicken farmers come to agree to freely DIY or home made their own nipple waterer system by their chicken numbers. Because it is easy and quick to build. Save money and save time of looking after chickens. Even leave town for the weekend without worrying about the flock.
Each unit has a 360 degree stainless steel nipple head with removable lower parts for easy cleaning. Item is easy to install in PVC pipe, a five gallon pail bucket or container. Just simply screw in to your drilled hole. No experience necessary. Red color design attracts fowl to find them fast to use. Exactly works great for broilers, layers, breeders, pullets, chicks, ducks and other game birds. They all love your waterer nipples.
1. Use drill bit size 11/32” at low rpm for PVC, bucket or container with thick plastic wall.
2. For other think plastic like re-used water bottle cap, using drill bit size 5/16” is recommended.
3. Use a little silicone or thread tape and screw nipple into the drilled hole.
4. Manufacturer recommends 1 nipple for 2-3 birds.
5. Water nipples only work under low pressure ( 5.5 psi or less ). Do not conect directly to a garden hose ( house water pressure is around 30 to 75 psi ). If you want to have it connected directly to a garden hose then a water pressure reguator is required.